Mini-Blog: Ask the Expert
Mark White – a Project Manager at DePue
As a project manager at DePue Mechanical, I want to share with you 5 things you need to know about electric heat tracing. While DePue Mechanical doesn’t do electric work, we specialize in providing the piping system that an electric heat tracing system would go on. Here’s what you need to know:
- Electric heat tracing is a system that is used to maintain or raise the temperature of pipes and vessels.
- This system is commonly used in industrial settings to prevent freezing or maintain a consistent temperature for process control.
- There are two types of electric heat tracing systems: self-regulating and constant wattage. Self-regulating systems automatically adjust their heat output based on the temperature of the pipe, while constant wattage systems provide a consistent amount of heat output regardless of the pipe temperature.
- Electric heat tracing can be installed on a variety of pipe materials, including steel, copper, and plastic.
- Proper installation and maintenance of electric heat tracing systems is crucial for their effectiveness and longevity.
At DePue Mechanical, we understand the importance of a properly functioning piping system for electric heat tracing. We specialize in providing high-quality piping solutions for industrial settings, including process safety management (PSM) regulated facilities. Our team of experts will work with you to design and install a piping system that meets your unique needs and ensures the effectiveness of your electric heat tracing system.
Don’t let a faulty piping system compromise the effectiveness of your electric heat tracing. Contact DePue Mechanical today to learn more about our piping solutions and how we can help you maintain a consistent temperature for your industrial processes.